Monday, October 28, 2013

The Smooch

I love my husband.  But I think that all wives say that.  We have to right?!  The Smooch and I have been married for just over two years.  In terms of being married, I think we might still be newly weds.  We are not a typical 20-something couple.  We are a 30ish/40ish something couple.  Being a little older and stuck in our own ways provides many challenges for us.  Especially since neither one of us is ever wrong.  And I do mean ever....*

I think as you get older what you find sexy changes...  in some ways at least.  I used to think sultry eyes and a charming smile where the end all be all.  But as I get older, I realize it is really something else.  It is finding out that a load of laundry got done so that you don't have to go commando at work...  It is coming home to a clean house and the grocery shopping done.  It is finding out that your better half can and will defend you and stand up for you in ways that you yourself could never do.  I have found that in The Smooch.

Now that is not to say that he is a push over and will defend me always.  No sir.  If I'm wrong, he lets me know it.  Which usually leads to fighting.*  But he does.  And I may not always show it because, well you know why* but he always makes me stop and think.  I stop and think about how I should have seen a problem or how I should have reacted to a certain situation.  And it may not always be obvious but I try to act differently.  The Smooch has this way of thinking that is new to me.  He sees things so much differently than I do.  He is always showing me a new way to live and a new way to be.  He teaches me so much about relationships.  I always found myself surrounded by people and I always thought that was good enough.  The Smooch is teaching me that it is not the quantity of people in your life but the quality.  And quality friends are harder to find and even harder to keep.  The relationship its self is harder.  It just takes more time and effort.  But because of these hard lessons, I think my friends/ family are getting more out of me and I am getting more out of them.  Or at least that is the goal.

The moral of the story is this....  I love my husband.  I am a lucky girl.



Dramatic Reenactment - The Smooch


*As of the publishing of this blog, The Smooch or his lovely bride have never been wrong.  EVER!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, expectations change as we aged... Thanks for sharing and I am sure both of you will have wonderful time in many many years to come! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People keep saying that the first years are the hardest. I am looking forward to those wonderful years down the road.

      Delete
  2. My husband and I have been married for about two years and are also not in our 20's...and as you, neither one of us has never been wrong! He loves me endlessly (and I him), but we aren't afraid to point out the error of the other's ways!!!! :) Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know we are not the only couple that is never wrong.

      Delete
  3. What a fun post. I'm married to hubby number 2, but he's the love of my life. We are in our 40s (and have 10 kids between us), but are still definitely newlyweds. By the way, I love your writing style!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback. I am the second wife for my husband but he is my first. Once in a grouchy state he said to me "you are the worst wife ever." I calmly said, go back to the first one then. He now has a new opinion of me.

      Delete
  4. trying again to comment. I thought your post was very cute and I wanted to know what your goals are for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got your comment. I'll send you a private message about my goals. But thanks for asking!

      Delete