Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Smooch has left the building...

Not only did The Smooch leave the building, he left the city, county and state.  The Smooch decided to drive to Long Island, New York to visit his family.  His dad broke his foot this summer and needed to get some stuff done around the house, so The Smooch decided to go and help out.  He planned on being gone about a week but it ended up being about 10 days.  Rumors started flying.  "I think she killed him and buried him in the back yard.  New York is just a cover.  He is never coming home."  That wasn't true, I assure you.  The Smooch is alive and well.  But as his trip kept being extended, I thought maybe The Smooch's mother had kidnapped him and was keeping him for manual labor.  She confirmed that he was locked in the basement.  But she finally released him and he is back home.  I assume at least.  Between naps and football, I haven't actually talked to him yet.
This is what our dogs looked like when I had to
tell them their daddy had extended his trip again.  So Sad.

But enough about him, this is my blog.  And below is the list of things that I had planned on doing vs the list of things I actually did while The Smooch was away.
 
Things I Planned Today While The Smooch Was Away
  1. Sleep a lot.
  2. Eat tons of Jeni's Ice Cream.  If you have never tried, you have never lived.  Get a second job before you try it because you are going to need it to pay for your new habit.  But it is worth every penny!
  3. Eat Taco Bell every day.  Gross I know but shut up and get your own blog.
  4. Work on all my projects.  The Smooch refers to these as "crafts" but they are not.
  5. Relax.
  6. Enjoy single life again.
What I Actually Did
  1. Run around like a crazy person.  Before doing any evening activities, the dogs had to go out first.
  2. Go to bed late every night.  After being gone all day and night, I felt bad keeping the dogs crated all the time.  So I stayed up late so they could play.
  3. Eat crackers for dinner, because we don't have food at our house.
  4. Water the new sod and new plants every day while being eaten alive by mosquitos.
  5. Walk the dogs. 
  6. Clean up dog poop and pee.  Mostly off the bottom of my feet because that's usually how I discover my dogs little surprises.
  7. Had a very small taste of what it might be like to be a single parent.
  8. Pee with six eyes watching me.  That goes for just about everything else I did that week.
  9. I did actually eat a lot of Jeni's Ice Cream.  Because a girl's gotta eat and there was no food in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment