Sunday, May 15, 2011

Let the rambling begin.

So I am new to blogging but in the grand tradition that is me, I have decided to try something new.  So let the random rambling/ blogging begin.  After the death of my grandmother a few years back, we found many, many, many journals of her life.  She had journals documenting the birth of all of her children.  She had journals for each of the kids lives and for each of the stages of their lives.  There were journals documenting all the other members of the families and the web their lives had weaved.  Reading through those journals was amazing.  I learned that my mom was the only one of the children born in a hospital.  I learned what my grandmother thought were the differences between hospital births and home births.  I learned that my aunt, gone before my birth, was not the perfect person that I had always thought but she had a boat rocking past.  I learned more about my grandmother after her death than before.  I wish I had known more about her story before she was gone.  Instead she was always my boring, old grandmother.  How wrong I was.  So continuing in her tradition while adding a twist, I am going to start this blog of my life.  A way for me to remember my past, share my stories with others, and leave a written history for my children, their children and their children's children to look back and and think, wow, maybe that old lady I am related to wasn't so boring.  Please join me on my journey.  Feel free to leave comments, questions and suggestions.  There is nothing more than I love than a little feed back.  So feel free to join the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment