Monday, May 23, 2011

When it rains it pours...

So I love my boyfriend (The Smooch), he is a truly amazing person.  But like all amazing boyfriends, he sometimes drives me crazy.  I am not saying that I am perfect and I never drive him crazy.  Far from the truth.  But until he gets his own blog, I guess you will just have to read about his crazy.  The thing that drives me the craziest is his absentmindedness and ability to forget everything.  One of the most recent events started with him buying a new car.  He traded his old car in for a shiny new one.  What did he leave in his old car when he traded it in?  The garage door opener to the garage at my house.  For reasons I fail to remember, I gave him my garage door opener.  That was more than two weeks ago.  Fast forward to today.  As anyone living in Ohio realizes, it has been raining a lot.  So today, I get home from a very long day and it is pouring and they are predicting big storms throughout the night.  A good night to park in the garage.  But oh wait, I have no garage door opener.  TheSmooch is at his home, snug and sound and warm and dry with two garage door openers and I am at my house with no garage door openers.  So I did the only logical thing.  I parked in front of my house.  Ran through the front yard, through the back gate, through the back yard and into the garage.  I pushed the garage button and then rain back through the back yard, through the back gate, through the front yard and back to my car.  Then I drove down my street, down the alley, down the back alley into my garage.  Then I ran through the back yard and back into my house.  All in the pouring rain and while wearing heels.  Did I say I love The Smooch.  What I meant to say is I temporarily dislike him and will begin liking him again when I dry off.

No comments:

Post a Comment