Monday, May 16, 2011

Wild Words from Wild Women

I love quotes.  I think this is because I sometimes have trouble finding ways to express what I am thinking and quotes can sometimes some up the way I am feeling about something.  Or maybe it is because I am not sure how to express myself and a good quote can express that for me.  Or it could just be that I am too lazy to come up with anything original.  Either way I have a daily calendar of quotes.  The calendar is called "Wild Words from Wild Women."  I get a different quote each day.   I was out last week on vacation so I had a whole bunch to read when I got back to work today.  Below are my favorites from last week.  I guess because last week was Mother's Day, most of the quotes had to do with mothers.

"Why don't you learn from my mistakes"  It takes half your life to learn from your own."
~Shelagh Delaney, who turned out A Taste of Honey before she was twenty

"I can't decide if I want a baby.  And my friends who have kids don't make very good salesmen.  They're like, 'Oh, you learn all this great stuff, like how to survive on two hours' sleep.' If I want to learn that, I'll just become a political prisoner or something."
~Cathryn Michon, gag girl

"The story of a mother's life: trapped between a scream and a hug."
~Cathy Guisewite, funny page phenomenon

"Studies show that rectal thermometers are still best way to take a baby's temperature.  Plus, it really shows them who's boss."
~Tina Fey, Emmy Collector

"My mother always told me I wouldn't amount to anything because I procrastinate.  I said, 'Just wait.'"
~Judy Tenuta, tough act to follow

Try to keep your mind open to possibilities and your mouth closed on matters that you don't know about. Limit your 'always' and your 'nevers.' Continue to share your heart with people even if it has been broken. Don't treat your heart like an action figure wrapped in plastic and never used.
~Amy Poehler

No comments:

Post a Comment